Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Germaphobic Nightmare!


We all have our issues and mine is an off-the-wall one to say the least. I have a strange but common phobia that I am going to catch that dreaded stomach virus. The thought of vomiting terrifies me and I know it can't kill me but it still scares me.
I go through the winter months staying away from anyone that may have symptoms of stomach problems. I can actually have a panic attack just thinking about it (even typing about it makes me sweat and want to go wash and disinfect my hands) If my stomach feels a little sick I am scared to eat but that is usually the problem, I'm just hungry. :) Well, guess what? My fears came true we all caught the stomach virus last week. Well, by all, I mean just a lucky few of us did. The Orozco family and me! Your probably wondering why I am calling us lucky? Well, we had some major bonding together as a family, I got to spend hours with my 2 granddaughters, we had dinner made for us by my other daughter Kayle (best soup I have ever tasted!), and it wasn't the SWINE FLU! So all in all I think we were pretty lucky! So, Drue, Mom, & anyone else in the family you missed out!!
I am going to have to cut this blog short I just heard on the news the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a warning that highly contagious norovirus, which causes outbreaks of vomiting, can be passed from one person to another by sharing items such as computer keyboards. Yikes! Gotta run, I am going to go and check into the voice activated keyboards.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe we didn't catch it! !!! :)