Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh Playmate!


My Grandfather on my Mom's side used to sing this song to his children when they were little. I don't know if he ever sang it to me when I was little but I wish I could remember if he did. I really wish he was here so I could ask him.
I am going to keep my Grandfather's memories alive and pass this song down to my Grandchildren. I am sure they are going to love my singing as everyone else in my family does. :):)



Oh Playmate,
Come Out and Play With Me
Words and music by Saxie Dowell, Copyright: Santly-Joy-Select Inc.


Say, say, oh playmate,
Come out and play with me
And bring your dollies three
Climb up my apple tree

Shout down my rain barrel
Slide down my cellar door
And we'll be jolly friends
Forever more more more more more

Say, say, oh playmate
I cannot play with you
My dolly's got the flu
Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo

Ain't got no rain barrel
Ain't got no cellar door
But we'll be jolly friends
Forever more more more more more

2 comments:

Pmaw said...

I sang this song to McKenna and as a child I sang it. I've got another one for you, you sing it and then you get faster and faster, enjoy
Paige

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey
Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy"

Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo?
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

misti said...

What a great story Jayne, thanks for sharing!